I have a ticket to Germany!! Join me in praising the Lord for getting me to 80%. I'll be leaving on Thursday, August 6, which means I will miss the first week of orientation. It's German class, which is not a
huge loss but would definitely have been helpful for me to have gone through since I don't speak a lick of German. I'm guessing I'll end up taking a German class with the high school students, which I've heard other teachers have done. Either way, this is a huge encouragement to me and I'm sure to my supporters and you as well. Thank you for the role you're played!
New prayer requests:
- For all the details, paperwork, and last minute things to happen over the next week
- That I will succeed in my goal to pack light and learn to live contentedly with less "stuff"
- That I would have the chance to properly say my goodbyes to friends and loved ones
- That the rest of my support would come in quickly
- That I wouldn't stress out about missing the German class, because let's face it, I will!
Rachel, I am SO excited for you. What an incredible gift from God!! I can remember talking about a year ago about wanting to got to BFA, but heading to Vienna instead. And then you couldn't go to Vienna, and went to IN instead. And now God is indeed sending you to BFA. God is the coolest!!!!
ReplyDeleteI went to Germany once and absolutely loved it - I am slightly envious of you and your next place of residency!
I know some dorm parents at BFA, and already told them of your coming - I hope you'll get a chance to connect. It is the Strietzel's (their son, Jeff, married one of my best friends, Julie Atkins; and another of their sons, Jon, will be marrying Ashley Anderson from 4-West in September).
Anyway, have fun tomorrow - your last full day in the States before your European adventure. Did I mention that I am SO excited for you!!!
Love you, praying for you,
Bekah