On Saturday, I had a whole day to myself for the first time in a few months! Jill and I slept in, wandered though some shops in town, then watchd TWO movies together. It doesn't get much better than that.
Sunday was the BFA Christmas concert, which was so much fun to attend. There were performances by the piano class, guitar class, middle school choir, high school choir, and orchestra. I've spent the better part of this quarter listening to some of the eighth graders moan about how embarassing it is to be in choir (they don't get a choice in middle school), so I was impressed with how well everyone sang during the concert. Actually, I was really impressed, and pretty proud, too. This is the first time I've been able to attend a school concert and not have any part in performing or directing. Needless to say, there were no sobbing angels on my shoulder this year!
The other day I noticed that I have attended quite a few Christmas parties/gatherings. So far, I've attended the New Staff Christmas Gathering, the New TeachBeyond Staff Christmas Dessert, the middle school staff Christmas (slash Happy Birthday Bob and Lee slash Goodbye Julie) lunch, and the middle school Christmas party. Tonight, I will attend Christmas Part #5, A Charlie Brown Christmas Party. I knew I would get more than one Thanksgiving but no one said anything about five Christmases!!PS: In exactly FOUR days, I will hold in my hands Lila, the newest member of my family. No, it's not a puppy. It's a computer! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment