Saturday, August 28, 2010

studying German

So I survived the first week. Now that school is on a roll, I can start studying German. I have not been able to get into any of the high school German classes due to my teaching schedule, and the language schools around here are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. So, I've been sitting in on the middle school beginning German class, taught by my friend Katrina. It's a great class, but it's also geared towards middle schoolers, so it moves painfully slow for me as an adult. A friend at BFA suggest Livemocha, a free online course that I have enrolled in to at least get me started until I can get into the high school German class.

Here is a screen shot of my favorite picture, from my first lesson.

Die Frau ist dick = The woman is fat.
Because when the oven repair guy calls, the first thing I need to be able to say in German is, "The woman is fat."

1 comment: