Saturday, March 12, 2011

birthday eve

Today (well, yesterday, now that it's past midnight!) at school I celebrated my birthday eve. I began the day by ruining Katrina and Jill's surprise. No one has ever attempted to surprise me in this way before so I didn't really think about it. This morning for whatever reason I had a bit of extra energy and was ready to go shortly after 7:30. I figured I might as well go to school and get a head start on lesson planning for next week. I grabbed breakfast on the way to school (happy birthday to me!) and arrived around 7:45. When I came into the middle school office I found Katrina standing there with balloons in her hand and a bewildered look on her face. "What are you doing here?!" she shouted at me. Shocked and slightly embarassed at the sight of her caught red-handed, I slinked out of the office and hid in my classroom for fifteen or twenty minutes. When I re-emerged, I found this.

oops.
In defiance of my new age (I really don't want to be 25...), I reverted to childhood and brought in treats for my students like I used to do for my classmates when I was in elementary school. I slaved away over cake balls this week and proudly presented each of my students with a sugar-coated bite of Heaven in honor of my birth. They happily accepted.

diabetes in one bite
For lunch the middle school teachers provided a delicious taco salad meal, triple chocolate ice cream and decadent fudge brownies with a crunchy walnut topping. I received a few gifts from staff and students, including a few bars of RitterSport, smelly soap, earrings, and a nerdy science book.

good gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment