Sunday, August 28, 2011

promises

As a homeroom teacher I have the privilege of leading my eighth graders in devotions each morning before class begins. Ask any of my former students what is special about Thursdays and they will tell you it's "Thankful Thursday." One day a week we spend our devotional time praising God for who He is and thanking Him for specific ways in which He has blessed us.

In my two years of teaching eighth grade I have heard some students take their prayers more seriously than others. This week, though, my heart was touched when one student prayed,

Thank you, God, for your promises, which are true for all who believe.

As two beautiful rainbows arched across Kandern Saturday night, I found myself echoing that student's prayer. May this picture be a reminder today of God's promises to YOU.



1 comment:

  1. So cool! I love it when students challenge me by their faith. Thanks for the post, friend :)

    ReplyDelete