They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel. -Carl W. Buechner
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
coffee cupdate
If we were to sit down for a cup of coffee, I would have a lot to tell you.
I would most likely shake my head in disbelief as I tell you that the third quarter ended today! I would groan a little telling you that I'm not looking forward to writing comments for the report cards because a few parents have taken offense at comments I gave last quarter and let me know by writing me angry emails. But then I would remember that parents like these are the exception, and tell you again what a privilege it is to serve at BFA.
I would definitely take a huge sip of coffee and tell you how thankful I am for caffeine. I would shamefully admit that I haven't gone to bed before midnight in almost two weeks and it's starting to wear on me! I might recount how full and long my days have been, and predict that things have no sign of tapering off anytime soon. I would no doubt declare how much I truly love what I'm doing and tell you how I'm trying to savor every last minute with my students, but at the same time am very much looking forward to Spring Break and the rest it promises.
I would probably share with you some of the highlights from the BFA high school retreat, which I attended for the very first time this past weekend with my freshman small group. I might show you this video, which I heard for the first time at retreat and has become my new favorite song. I'd confess that lately I have been doubting choices I've made and allowing Satan to play the "what if" game and feed me lies, but that I am clinging to this new reminder of God's faithfulness and excited to see what the next few years will hold for me.
By this point I would remember how tired I am and our conversation might begin to wind down. I'd ask you what you've been up to and how you're spending your days. I'd ask you what you're looking forward to this week and I'd ask what God has been teaching you lately. What would you say?
Labels:
Coffee Cupdates,
lately,
middle school,
perspective,
prayer,
promises,
students,
thanks,
work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment