Monday, June 29, 2015

BFA Grad 2015

I had the awesome privilege of passing through Kandern for a few days on my way home from Spain in mid June. Part of my reasoning for this detour was so that I could drop off the majority of the luggage I'd taken to Spain with me, and the other part was to take some dedicated time to say goodbye to some very special people. It was such a gift for me to be able to surprise the middle schoolers at their year-end awards ceremony, attend graduation and watch my first seventh grade class turn their tassels, and have some time to say goodbye to the friends of mine who will not be in Germany this August when I return. I enjoyed running the old familiar trails of the Black Forest with my friends, and I also had the opportunity to hep students study for their finals and participate in several planning meetings for this upcoming school year.


Surprising the middle schoolers! (Photo: Heather)

Running in the forest - I've missed this!

Reunited with my best friend after a year apart

A special family I've taught - the first of this "Kingdom" to graduate!

What a joy to have known and loved these girls since they were in seventh grade! 

The first of my reigning "Dynasty" to graduate!

My small group girls graduated this year!

The first of this "Kingdom" to graduate!

These grads (along with several others not pictured) were in my very first seventh grade class at BFA.  Words can't express how grateful I am to have been able to stick around to see them graduate!


Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment