Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Praises

I've received a lot of positive feedback this week following the delivery of my support letters. There have been a handful of both one-time and monthly pledges made, and I'm so thankful for each one!!

This evening I made a presentation at my home church's board meeting and they are allowing me to present it to the congregation, hopefully at the beginning of June. I enjoyed sharing my heart with the board and feel privileged to have a chance to speak to the whole church. Pray that God would prepare the hearts of those who will be in church that Sunday and allow them to respond however He would lead them.

Please also pray for my family this weekend as we travel to Chicago for my graduation. On Sunday I'll be speaking at Northside Nazarene, the church I attended while a student at Moody. I'm excited to share this ministry with them, but nervous as well. Public speaking scares me! This might come as a surprise, especially since I am going to be a teacher. However, anyone who has worked with children will tell you that speaking in front of a group of students and speaking in front of your peers or elders is as different as night and day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment