It's been about a month since I began actively raising support for Austria. Things are coming along, but not nearly as quickly as I'd hoped. In less than two months, I must have all of my support raised; if I don't, then I can't go to Austria. To date, I've received $100 in monthly pledges (4% of my goal) and about $800 in set-up costs. It looks bleak right now, but I'm confident that God will provide!!
This weekend I plan to finish packing up the boxes that I'll send on the shipping container to Austria. I've been doing some research, finding estimates for how much it will cost to send my boxes to New Jersey, where the shipping container is located. Hopefully I'll be able to send my things off in the next week. Also, this week my prayer cards arrived. If you've received one of my letters already, you'll get a card in the mail. If you're not on my mailing list...get on it! :)
June is shaping up to be a very busy month for me. On the day after Father's Day, I'll catch a 7:30 AM flight to Winnipeg, MB, Canada for a one week orientation with Janz Team. I'm excited to meet all the staff with whom I've been in contact these past few months. Then on June 21 I'll catch another 7:30 flight from Winnipeg to Buffalo, NY. The Association of Christian Schools International is holding a two-week Pre-Field Orientation (PFO) at Houghton College. I'll meet tons of new teachers preparing to serve all over the world (including those headed to VCS with me) and learn about Third Culture Kids. When that's all over, my parents will drive up to Houghton, NY to bring me home on teh 4th of July. It will be a long, busy, and tiring three weeks full of valuable information and I'm sure some great memories with new friends. Pray for me during these next few weeks as I begin training and start to build new relationships.
No comments:
Post a Comment