Friday, February 19, 2010

Laguna

Tonight I chaperoned the 7th grade class party to Laguna, an insane indoor water park in Weil am Rhein. I originally planned to swim with the kids, until I realized that I did not have the proper swimming apparel. Usually I wear board shorts over my swim suit, but that would not be acceptable at Laguna. As you can see, the dress code is rather restrictive... in more ways than one!

So instead, I opted to stay dry and take pictures of the kids. HA! Good luck with that one. The kids spent the evening running back and forth between the wave pool, the sauna, and the INSANE tube slides! I spent the evening running after the kids with the camera and trying not to look at the Speedo-clad German men. *shudder*

The blue tube slide takes you outside the building and back inside again, and spits you out at Niagara Falls. No joke. It kind of reminded me of a sewer or a storm drain...not exactly comforting thoughts!


SeEun exits the red slide with a splash!


The wave pool goes off every half hour. When you hear the gong, everyone drops what they're doing to jump into the wave pool for about two minutes of crashing waves that make everyone bob up and down like little buoys.


The "warm water baths" creeped me out. The room is hot and stuffy, and to the side there's this little sweat hut with steam pouring out. In the middle is a shallow, round pool where everyone lounges around lethargically like walruses on the beach, basking in the sun. There seem to be no personal boundaries here, as everyone was just lying on top of each other! No thanks...


I think maybe I'd like to go back to Laguna someday when I don't have 16 kid to watch and when I DO have the right type of shorts for the pool. Tonight I got my feet wet and that was enough for now!




1 comment:

  1. Oh Rachel, this is just classic. I am so pleased that you took a picture of the appropriate swim attire sign. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete