Saturday, February 13, 2010

a much needed victory

This weekend BFA hosted the last home games of the season against the Bamburg Barons. As usual, I ran the clock for the Friday JV games. Usually I do the Saturday JV games as well, but this time I decided to do the varsity games instead. BFA won three of the games I watched, although two of them were suuuper close!! The boys' JV went into double overtime and won, and today the boys' varsity went into overtime and won. During the varsity game the score kept coming to a tie, and both teams had 10 fouls, so at any point one of the teams could have been awarded two free shots! It was a nail biter for sure. It was so great to see all the students encouraging the players and hearing the deafening roar of their cheers, which were so loud that the buzzer wasn't even audible. God knew BFA needed this victory after these recently rough days.

One of my favorite things about working the table at the games is the refs that come to officiate the games. They are tall, large, and intimidating, but also very fun. One in particular reminds me of the monsters from the movie Space Jam. I wouldn't have bothered to blog about this little thing, except that before last night's game the refs made everyone working the table place their hands on the game ball and shout "Fun!" on three. If you've ever seen Space Jam, then like me you are laughing right now envisioning those little aliens getting their all-star monstar power from that magical ball.



Oh, and this ref (the one who reminds me of a monstar) is super tall. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that this picture ends at his KNEES. There's still about two feet of legs left that aren't in the picture. (Picture courtesty of Mark Powell, and this is actually from a game in January).

No comments:

Post a Comment