Sunday, April 4, 2010

dog walk

Today my parents and I took our three dogs for a hike at the local Metro Park. Yes, we have THREE dogs now. In case you were wondering, putting three dogs and three adults into a car is not an easy task! First the dogs and I tried cramming into the back of my little red car but as you can see, it was rather cramped. Jake takes up a whole seat, Duke sits on my lap, and Buck is wedged between the backseat and frontseat because he doesn't get around very well and couldn't get up onto the seat! You can't even see Buck in this picture.


So we switched to the Explorer and put all three dogs in the trunk. They seemed to enjoy riding back there, and I was happy to not have dogs sitting on my lap, slobbering all over me. Duke's nervous car habit is excessive drooling; the other day when we took him to Petsmart, he sat on my lap and by the time we got to the store the sleeve of my hoodie was soaked from elbow to wrist!


At the park we only walked a short distance because Buck is old, Duke is a baby, and Jake is horrible at walking on a leash. A friend and I took Jake for a walk a few days ago and he basically walked us! To be honest, Duke isn't spectacular at leash walking either, but that's why he's going to puppy school. Maybe when I come home this summer the dogs will be better behaved on their leashes so we can go on more enjoyable walks.


When I was a kid I always thought being a dogwalker would be a fun job. I even looked for dogwalking jobs when I lived in Chicago, but nothing ever panned out. My parents humored me and let me attempt to walk all three dogs at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment