Thursday, March 25, 2010

Promoted to Glory

On Thursday evening, I received word that my great-grandma had passed away. Geraldine Ethel Knickerbocker served the Lord for 88 beautiful years, and now she is dancing with Him in Heaven. She and her husband raised 11 children who are all still walking with the Lord and have raised their own families in the same manner. For as long as I can remember, the Knickerbocker family reunion has been one of the highlights of the summer...this summer will be so strange to not have her there.


Because of grandma's passing, I made some last minute arrangements and came home to be with my family for the funeral. I had to line up subs and write plans for Monday and Tuesday, and unfortunately had to drop out of the mission trip I was supposed to help lead during the first week of spring break. I literally went nonstop taking care of last minute details for the 48 hours preceding my departure, and after 24 hours of travel I was so glad to see my bed.

After a few hours of sleep I was up again and on my way to Youngstown for breakfast, the viewing, and the funeral. Afterwards we went to the cemetary to see her earthly body laid to rest. The day ended with a huge family lunch where we enjoyed each other's company and reminisced about grandma Knick. It was also neat to have a meeting of the "International Delegates"-- Leslee from France, myself from Germany, and Ron from Korea.


Now that that's all over, I have a few weeks to rest and be with my family because BFA is on spring break. Since I didn't come home for Christmas I am really grateful to have this time with family, regardless of the reason. I'll be in Ohio until April 9 and while I'm trying to avoid being too busy and want to use this time for rest, I'd love to see you if you're in the area. I have my cell phone again, so give me a call or facebook me.

1 comment: