Monday - the calm before the storm. Pretty harmless. I went to the 6 am workout, went to school, and came home.
Tuesday - storm front rolling in. Went to school. After school, worked for 1.5 hours with 8th grade dorm kids on their science proejcts, because their dorm is currently without Internet. I figured I'd be able to just sit in the computer lab and supervise while getting my own work done. Instead I ended up helping students the entire time. Following that I stayed almost another hour to get caught up on my own work for the day.
Wednesday - the perfect storm. Knowing the day I had ahead of me, I skipped my morning workout for another hour of sleep. I went to a 7:45 am science department meeting. In addition to teaching my own three classes and advisory, I supervised 8th graders working on science projects in the computer lab during their study hall (my free period - and again didn't get any work done) AND had my own study hall to supervise after teaching my classes. After school, I had two back-to-back parent meetings that went until about 5:30. At 6:00 I went down to the cafeteria for dinner, where I met the senior girls I will be working with this year in the Chrysalis program. More about that in another post. Then, all the middle schoolers showed up and Chrysalis started, and I was at school until 9:30.
Thursday - the storm begins to fade. I slept in as long as possible and went to school at the normal time. During third period (my free period) I observed a high school biology class because there was a possibility that I would need to sub for this class seventh period. Thankfully, I did not. I stayed after school working on lesson prep, grading, etc. until 6:00 when the Maugenhard dinner van showed up and I rode up to Maug. During dinner I was talking with the RAs and a new sub, Joyce. When they found out what kind of week I'd had, they sent me home to get some rest. Unfortunately, by the time I finished all my grading and planning it was midnight.
Friday - the clouds roll away. I unintentionally skipped my morning workout because I slept through my alarm. I made it to school. Thankfully I had planned to show a video during first period that would take the whole time, so I was able to get more grading done, and after that was chapel, where I carried a stack of papers and graded during the message. Once I finished teaching for the day, I graded and graded and graded until every single math paper was done (this is what takes so long). I successfully posted all my grades on Sycamore for the week and handed back all the papers in the students' mailboxes. Then I worked in the computer lab with one last 8th grader for another 45 minutes until he was satisfied with his project (the project is due Monday). Ended the evening with my friend Katrina watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I loved it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment