Wednesday, September 29, 2010

geeking out, cookie count

Last week I received more goodies for my classroom! The most exciting item was a wireless weather station. It comes complete with a remote rain gauge, external temperature and pressure sensor, a full LCD display screen, and an alarm clock with snooze function! Just in case I fall asleep at school. Other geekery included a barometer, immersion thermometers, new meter sticks, and a ton of cool posters for my botany and anatomy units. The botany posters came just in time for our study of plants in Life Science.
 
oooh, shiny!

plethora of posters


Last week at Maug I scooped out 161 dough balls, but I only froze 158. Two of the dough balls were baked as test cookies to make sure I added enough extra flour, and another one I simply ate. :) This brings the grand total so far to 192 chocolate chip cookies!

That night Maug had also received its order of natural peanut butter from the Netherlands! It comes in a huge bucket and needs to be stirred up because the oils separate. I can honestly say I've never tasted a more sticky peanut butter in my entire life. I never fully understood people talking about peanut butter getting stuck to the roof of their mouth until I sampled this peanut butter. One little dollop and I found myself needing a crowbar to open my mouth! But of course, what did the boys taste it on? Only the driest possible snack - rice cakes!!

cookie dough ready for the freezer 
peanut butter buckets!
death by dry mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment