Tuesday, January 8, 2013

coffee cupdate


If we were to sit down for a cup of coffee I would have a lot to tell you.

You would probably ask me how the rest of my Christmas break went, and I would reply that it has been fabulous. I would confess that I spent more time in sweats and pajamas than in "street clothes," but explain that my introverted self needed the quiet downtime at home. I would share with you some of the highlights of my time at home, which would include catching up on The Big Bang Theory:



Enjoying a roommate date at my favorite cafe, Elemenz:



Stocking up for the apocalypse, or rather for the four days surrounding Christmas when the grocery stores would be closed...



Enjoying a German version of my mom's quiche...



And learning to play Settlers of Catan (and developing a mild obsession with it)!



You would have already noticed my snazzy new haircut but you may not have known just how much was cut off! So I'd show you these pictures that were taken on Sunday and tell you that I was able to get five bundles of hair between nine and twelve inches that I'll be donating to either Locks of Love or Pantene Beautiful Lengths.


Then I'd tell you just how happy I am that school is back in session and that I get to see my students again. I'd laugh as I recount their shocked expressions upon seeing my haircut, and brag that some of my students visited five, yes FIVE countries during their Christmas break. Oh, and I'd tell you how hilarious is it that my seventh grade boys are more concerned for my appearance than I am. I'd explain how they have made comments in the past about not liking when I wear my contacts, but that they prefer me in glasses. I would then share how one particular student entered the classroom this morning, took one look at me, and said, "Contacts?! Ugh. You look so much smarter and scientific when you wear glasses!" Once we were done laughing, I'd show you the glasses that I wore during class just to appease the boys.


What would you tell me today?



Photobucket





No comments:

Post a Comment