They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel. -Carl W. Buechner
Sunday, June 30, 2013
step into my classroom: frog dissections
For most of the year, my seventh graders have been anxiously anticipating the day when we would get to dissect frogs. As I've mentioned before, this year I cut my traditional owl pellet dissection and replaced it with the earthworm and the frog. I myself was queasy at the thought of having to even look at these creatures, but my students were eager to get their hands dirty and explore the inner workings of God's creation. The students surprised me with their maturity and focus back when we did the earthworm, so I had high hopes for their performance on the frogs, too. Following lab protocol, showing proper usage of dissection tools, and the ability to follow written directions were three big components of the lab that everyone did a great job with! Here are some pictures from the lab. Warning, these are not for the faint of heart! Don't look if you are squeamish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment