Monday, October 27, 2014

hello monday: back to the basics

I'm having a hard time getting back into a blogging routine, so I've decided to revive some of my old favorites to get the juices flowing again. What better way to begin than with a fresh Hello Monday post?

Hello Monday. Somehow you always seem to come at me too soon. Despite this being my seventh year of full-time teaching, it feels like my first all over again because I am new at ECA. Spending the majority of my weekend lesson planning is not necessarily restful nor particularly enjoyable, but I do like walking into school on Monday mornings (mostly) ready to roll.

Hello Pumpkin Spice Latte. I recently learned that this is the first year Spain has ever made you available. I'm not one of those crazy PSL-obsessed girls, but I enjoy a warm fall-themed beverage as much as the next person. Recently I have been getting into the habit of spending Sunday afternoons at Starbucks reading or working on lesson plans since I am already in the city for church. When you don't have a car it's easy to sometimes feel "trapped" in Camarma, so I've come to enjoy going into Madrid once a week for Spanish church, Starbucks, and other adventures.



Hello last week of October. Where did you come from? The last time I checked, it was August and the daily highs were in the 90s. I am not ready for winter yet, and living in Spain this year has afforded me some extra summer weather, for which I am grateful. I am also significantly tanner than I usually am at this time of year. I'm sure it will fade soon enough.

Hello quarter two. You and October must be in cahoots. Again, how did you get here so fast? I am still a "tourist" according to the government and yet I have already completed one quarter of my service here at ECA. At this rate we will be celebrating Christmas next week!

Hello legs. You are definitely feeling the burn as I pedal up hill all the way to school each morning (and then climb two flight of stairs to get to my classroom), but it's worth it because after school I can just coast home. I literally don't have to pedal at all and it's beautiful.

What are you saying hello to today?



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment