If you have been following my blog for any length of time you already know I LOVE dressing up for spirit days and costume parties. Here at ECA I have been itching to get dressed up for something special so you can imagine my excitement when my favorite week of the year, Spirit Week, finally arrived in April.
Monday's theme was Pajamas. Even though it's pretty warm here I donned my fleece cupcake PJ pants and put on a brave face, knowing I would be sweating soon. It paid off, though, because I won the award for best staff costume that day!
 |
My prize-winning PJs
|
 |
| I need a pair of these slippers |
Tuesday was Decade Day, so I brought back the sock hop costume with a DIY poodle skirt and a cardigan. Since the staff didn't really coordinate any group costumes I was happy to match with my friend Marie today.
On Wednesday the theme was Mismatched, which was super easy. All I had to do was open my closet and grab a few random items to create the look.
Thursday's theme was sports, and I was lucky enough to borrow a friend's German soccer jersey to represent the Fatherland. One of my students is from Argentina so naturally we had a friendly rivalry going on that day!
 |
Representing all the sports!
|
 |
| We can't all be World Cup winners ... |
On Friday we wrapped up the week with a day at the
polideportivo, our local sports complex. Students competed in various track and field events and we teachers ran the events while cheering them on. Naturally I helped run the shotput and discus, and in between flights I made it over to the track to cheer obnoxiously for my students who were racing.
 |
A flight of middle school sprinters prepares for takeoff
|
 |
I love races!
|
 |
Demonstrating the proper form for shot putting. Not.
|
 |
| Refereeing for girls' discus in our makeshift throwing ring. |
 |
High jumpers go over the rules before taking the plunge
|
 |
Middle schoolers did great at high jump!
|
 |
More middle school sprinters
|
 |
These eighth grade girls tied last year and nearly tied again this year!
|
 |
| As you can see I am very passionate about track and field. I love these kids!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment