I don't know about you but all these candy wrappers are making me crave sweets!!
They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel. -Carl W. Buechner
Friday, May 15, 2015
step into my classroom: pre-algebra at ECA, quarter four
Seventh graders have been doing quite a bit of work with ratios, proportions, and other applications of fractions. To wrap up the unit, they used a scale drawing process to create a "king size" candy wrapper. After drawing a 1-centimeter grid over the original wrapper, they set up and solved proportions to determine the dimensions of their drawing. Then they drew a larger grid according to their calculations. From there it was a simple matter of filling in the boxes and adding color. The students LOVED this project, and now we have some pretty cool posters hanging in our classroom!
I don't know about you but all these candy wrappers are making me crave sweets!!
I don't know about you but all these candy wrappers are making me crave sweets!!
Labels:
ECA,
math,
middle school,
seventh,
step into my classroom,
students
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment