Friday, March 5, 2010

Sausenberg

Today the high schoolers left for retreat, and the middle schoolers had a special activity day. In the morning we had chapel and played games, then after lunch we hiked to nearby castle ruins in Sausenberg. It was about a 4.3ish kilometer hike, uphill the whole way, and a bit chilly but a gorgeous day! There were lots of students who went against their will (and without iPods, I might add!) but someday they'll thank us for forcing them to spend time outside interacting with one another. Maybe...

I'm a bit sore from the uphill climb, but I'm pretty sure that if it weren't for the fact that I've been running since Christmas, I'd be dead right about now. Speaking of running, my friend Katrina and I decided to begin training for a 10k race in the spring, so we've been on our training schedule for two weeks now. I think today's hike combined with this morning's 4K run just about covers me for this week!

Here are a few shots from the hike and a video from the top of the watchtower. The beginning is hard to understand because of all the wind, sorry! It was extremely windy up there but the poor mic on my little camera makes it sound much worse than it was!


No comments:

Post a Comment