If you've been reading these posts in the proper order, you should be wondering why I am posting about a fifth day in Lugano when the trip was only four days long. Good question. It's because I have started a new Lugano tradition in that the Friday night after returning from Lugano is a pizza and movie night at Miss Bertschi's house! As if four days together wasn't enough, I invited my eighth graders to come watch The Princess Bride and eat pizza at my house. I honestly didn't think very many kids would show up but wouldn't you know, 24 students walked through my door. TWENTY-FOUR. That is the new record for how many bodies have been in this house at one time. Everyone chipped in 1-2 Euro for pizzas and drinks, and we sent a few kids down to the Doner shop to order the pizzas and a few more to Lidl to grab drinks. I would have done all that ahead of time if I had had a solid number of people planning to come, but eighth graders are not that great at RSVP (although several said "I think I'm coming" on Facebook...) so I was content to play it by ear. While we waited for the food, the kids played Apples to Apples.



We ended up devouring nine pizzas, eight bags of chips, and around 7 or 8 bottles of pop. I think only one of the students had never seen the movie, and most of them had seen it enough times to quote the whole thing so it was definitely a fun movie to watch together. Well, I listened from the hallway because there were so many kids in the living room that I couldn't even see the TV. So after everyone left, Jill and I ran to the EisCafe for ice cream and sat down to watch our own movie in peace. The best part of it all is that the weekend is just starting! We still have two more days before we have to go back to school but then... the final countdown begins!
The pictures are so great!
ReplyDelete