
On Thursday and Friday, I enjoyed some quality time with the Hopper family around town. On Thursday, Tyler and I went running at the DePauw nature trails while Cami and Lauren walked, and on Friday Bobby joined us for a run. I also had the chance to enjoy some dearly-missed fellowship and cardmaking with my friends at Peace Lutheran.

Saturday involved some time in the kitchen with Lauren working on my Black Forest Cupcakes for the pitch-in dinner that would take place on Sunday after church. Later that evening we enjoyed food and fellowship with the Brankel family, who was visiting from Arizona for the weekend. Sunday turned into a beautiful day as we had a packed out worship service followed by a huge pitch-in dinner. After church, we spent some time by the pool and then enjoyed a delicious dinner at Monical's Pizza.


Before I knew it, my week in Greencastle had come to an end. My last day "in town" was actually spent in Kentucky visiting the Creation Museum with my friends at Lifebuilder. It was such a great experience that it deserves a separate post.
I am so thankful for the chance to spend time with my friends in Greencastle. When people at BFA ask me where I'm from, I often hesitate and want to say Greencastle because of the time I've spent there over the last two years. I guess now I have a tiny view into the struggles that my students face every day as Third Culture Kids. It was so wonderful to catch up and share all the incredible experiences I've had over the last year at BFA. Hopefully my passion for my students has planted some seeds and more people from Lifebuilder will desire to get involved.
To see more pictures from my week in Greencastle, click here to view my facebook album.
No comments:
Post a Comment