Tuesday, October 2, 2012

coffee cupdate



If we were to sit down for a cup of coffee I'd have a lot to tell you.

First, we might have a mini-freak-out-moment about the fact that it's October. Um, what?

But then, we might get excited about all the things that come with fall, like cardigans, pumpkins, and cider. Speaking of cardigans, I might tell you about the awesomely successful shopping trip I had this weekend with a few girlfriends, in which I scored some new cardigans for only 10 Euro a piece! And then I might show off my new jeans, another score. I'd confess that it's hard enough for me to find proper-fitting, flattering jeans in America, but to find a pair of jeans that fits like a glove in Europe is cause for celebration, so I bought two pair!!

And speaking of pumpkins, I'd definitely brag on my awesome roommate Lexi. Not because she is a pumpkin, but because she made us homemade pumpkin spice lattes this past weekend. I'd tell you how she scoured the Web for the best of the best recipes, even combining a few for the perfect pumpkin brew. I'd gush about how lovely it was to have a relaxing Saturday morning curled up with a book (well, my roomie's Kindle) and some music, all while sipping a fresh pumpkin spice latte.

You might notice that I am wearing glasses and, like one of my students this week, comment on the fact that I look more "scientific and smart" wearing my frames. I'd agree that yes, my glasses make me look like a nerd ... but a cute nerd, make all the boy nerds go "whaaa!" And then it would be awkward because you probably wouldn't get my reference to The Princess Diaries, and I'd have to explain it. Or I'd tell you to watch this clip.

What would you tell me?


Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment