Thursday, October 4, 2012

thankful thursday



Today I'm thankful for:
  • The fact that East and West Germany reunited in 1989. Thanks to this reconciliation, Germany celebrates a national holiday and we get the day off from school. This week it fell on Wednesday, breaking up our five-day week into two pleasantly short 2-day chunks. I eased into the day with some pumpkin oatmeal, a pumpkin spice latte, and a few chapters of Les Mis. Then, I went to school and enjoyed seven hours of blissfully quiet, undisturbed and uninterrupted work time. It feels great to finally be on top of a few of my classes in terms of lesson prep!


  • Heitzmann's bakery. As I've mentioned before, I live a few doors down from this bakery and they open at 7:30. Since I catch a carpool at 8:00, this means that in a pinch I can pop in for a croissant or chocolate milk on my way to school, like I did this morning. Chocolate milk tastes SO much better in Germany, FYI.
  • Aleve. The marvels of modern medicine never cease to amaze - or comfort me when I need it!
  • German Class. After the confusion and frustration of my experience in German class last year, I am really thankful for the class I'm taking this year. Granted, some of the beginning lessons were repeats but I am really excited to be making more strides in learning German and not feeling like a total doofus.

Photobucket
 


No comments:

Post a Comment