They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel. -Carl W. Buechner
Thursday, October 25, 2012
step into my classroom: acids and bases
A few weeks ago we wrapped up a unit on matter in Science 6. We did a lab to determine the acidity or alkalinity of common household substances and the students just loved watching the litmus paper magically change into brilliant colors. I also spent the whole previous evening concocting a huge pot of cabbage juice indicator, but those results weren't as brilliant. All I ended up with was a stinky kitchen, and lots of purple juice. For whatever reason, it just didn't change colors like all the Pinterest tutorials promised. So, here are some shots from the lab.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are a brilliant teacher, and I know your students appreciate all your work (even if they can't express it)!
ReplyDelete