Sunday, October 20, 2013

fall in the black forest

Over the last few weeks I have loved enjoying the sights, smells, and traditions of fall here in the Black Forest. From handcrafted pottery to freshly-pressed apple juice to tip-toeing through the pumpkin patches, I have found myself savoring every moment of this season. Something about this fall has captivated my senses. Perhaps it's the uncertainty of not truly knowing whether this is my last fall in Germany, but regardless of the reason, right now I am content to simply soak up the warm autumn colors and the memories that go along with them.

Annual pottery market in Kandern
Fresh pumpkin soup and apple juice at the Holzen (neighboring town) festival



The makings for pumpkin soup!


A beautiful fall day with my best friend Megan

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You're looking gorgeous sweetie!! The weather looks like it was wonderful, too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete