Wednesday, January 14, 2009

back to normal...whatever THAT is

Today was our first day back in our classroom! I am ecstatic and the kids are equally glad to be back in a familiar place. I don't know how Noah managed 40 days and 40 nights on the ark because I barely survived 40 HOURS in another classroom following our flood. But it's over and I'm glad we can start getting back to some form of routine.

Lately there's been a lot of drama going on with my fourth grade girls and I'm at a loss as to how I can relate to them. Rumors and gossip are the main problem. I don't have sisters and I got along better with the boys in elementary school, so the dynamics of girl friends at that age is completely foreign to me. The most experience I have with girls is WCC and that's nothing compared to being a fourth grade girl. My heart hurts for these girls because some of them are really struggling to do the right thing and it's a struggle for them. Please pray for the girls to work through this and strengthen their friendships, and also that God would give me the right words to say so that I can encourage them and guide them.

Well, Biggest Loser has started and that's my cue! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment