Friday, January 23, 2009

overheard

For some reason, lately I've been catching all kinds of interesting conversations and comments from my students. Here are just a few of my favorites. These range from things they said to me to things I overheard in the hallway or between classes.
  • Miss Bertschi, how do I do this? [referring to a CASSETTE tape]
  • Miss Bertschi, where did you get this lotion, it feels AMAZING!! [in reference to Suave lotion I bought at Wal-Mart]
  • [same student, after realizing he had too much lotion on his hands] Miss Bertschi, do you think this lotion is for wrists, too?
  • Alina, will you watch my webkinz while I'm gone? Sure! Do you need me to watch him tonight too? Well, I played with him this morning so he should be ok until tomorrow. [pet sitters at this age!!]
  • [after hearing Daniel's report on Isaac Newton. in which Daniel clearly stated that Newton discovered gravity] So...did your guy discover anything? [Daniel replied matter-of-factly:] Um...he discovered gravity.
  • Dude, have you seen that YouTube video about Charlie the Unicorn?? [?!]
  • So, I was watching Man versus Wild - [another student interrupts] and it was this MAN and he was versus the WILD?? [sarcasm in the third grade??]

No comments:

Post a Comment