Now that I'm 25, I've been coming to grips with the fact that I am old enough to remember clearly ten years ago. Ten years ago this summer, I had my first summer job at a lovely place called
Camp NEOSA. Perhaps you've heard of it.
 |
| [blurry Facebook download - can you find me??] |
That summer was my first extended stay away from home, my first real job, and my first taxable income. I was on the "junior staff" called the GRACE Team (Godliness, Responsibilty, Action, Character, Excellence...if my memory serves me right) and was inseparable from these two friends:
 |
| Yep, I was (well, still am) a dork. Leanna, me, and Caroline. |
I also got my first intoxicating taste of international community in that Camp Neosa employed young men and women from several other countries through Camp America. Enter Christof, recent high school grad from Germany, who began dating Mindy, fellow Ohio resident. They were both counselors.
 |
| ahh... junge liebe... [young love] |
Fast forward ten years: Christof and Mindy are married, living in Munich, Germany, and pestering me about when I will come for a visit. Also, they have welcomed this little one into the world.
 |
| Noah had a boo-boo |
Last week I had the opportunity to travel by train to Munich to visit Christof, Mindy, and Noah. I stayed with them for four nights and had a great time exploring the city, meeting their friends, seeing their workplaces, and partaking in Bavarian traditions. Aside from exporing the inner city and geeking out over the beautiful architecture, the most fun part of our time together was having Bavarian breakfast. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the table all decked out, but we dined on fresh-baked bretzeln (pretzels), weißwurst (white sausage), and obst salat (fruit salad). Yummy.
So, here are some pictures from my time in Munich and my first ever ten year reunion. Man, I'm getting old.
No comments:
Post a Comment