Tuesday, February 28, 2012

a coffee cupdate



If we were to sit down for a cup of coffee, I would have a lot to tell you.

I would tell you that I am so thrilled to be singing in a choir again, and that Danny Plett is probably the most fun director I've ever sang for. I would hand you a flyer and ask you to come to the Great Hallelujah at Black Forest Christian Fellowship on April 28 and 29 because it's going to be huge and you won't want to miss it. I would probably then laugh and tell you how I accidentally walked into the men's bathroom during this Sunday's rehearsal, and that while no one was in the bathroom (thank God!), a man standing in the hallway watched me go in and as a result, almost walked into the women's bathroom!

I would probably then remember another awkward/awesome moment that happened at my best friend Katrina's Dominion tournament birthday party on Saturday night. I would most likely be giggling uncontrollably as I explain how I poured myself a drink, then set my cup down and turned around to pick up a cookie, turning back just in time to see someone else pick up my cup and take a sip. I would laugh out loud recalling the look on her face as we both realized at the same time what had just happened. I would also inform you that even though I failed at winning any of the games in the tournament, my mischevious friends and I had pretty epic costumes. I would probably ask you what embarassing moments you've experienced recently. Maybe we would swap "most embarassing moment" stories and laugh louder than anyone else in the coffeeshop.

I might mention that I'm feeling the pressure, financially, right now. You would probably already know that support has been low for me this year, and that some pledged support has not come in, but that God has been doing miracles for me all year. I would share with you that my biggest frustration right now has been trying to decide what to do this summer, knowing that I need to go back to the States for support raising but not having the money to pay for the ticket. Then, I would start grinning as I tell you that my prayer has been answered, and that just last night two people who love me very much (no, not my parents, but they love me too!)  told me that they going to help me buy my ticket! I would then ask you to pray that ticket prices remain stable for the next two months, since the money to buy my ticket won't be available until the end of April and while that makes me a little nervous, I'm trusting that God has a plan and my best interests in mind, and that the perfect ticket is just waiting to show itself!

At this point in the conversation you would notice the earrings I'm wearing. Or maybe you would compliment my necklace, like one of my eighth grade boys did yesterday during class. I would blush a little as I accept your compliment and share that I made them myself. Of course, since you're my friend you would probably already know about my Etsy shop so I would tell you a secret: that in honor of the leap year, for 24 hours on February 29, you can get 29% off your order with the code LEAPYEAR2012.

Then I would gasp and tell you how crazy it is that the fourth quarter begins in ten days. Most likely I would start to get stressed telling you how little time we have left and how much we still have to accomplish, and how the fourth quarter will fly by after we return from spring break. Then I would probably start biting my nails in anticipation of the 8th grade class trip, explaining to you that I am leading this trip for the very first time and terrified to be the one responsible for everything! I would hopefully then recall how awesome my eighth graders are this year and trust that even if I make mistakes in leading the trip, they will still (hopefully!) love me.

What would you tell me? Would you have an embarassing story from the week to share? Would you tell me how to pray for you, or would you share a God moment?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rachel, how I would love a cupdate with you!!! Love you, friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete