They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel. -Carl W. Buechner
Friday, February 24, 2012
five things friday
Brian Shipley: BFA alumnus Brian Shipley has been missing since February 13. This video was put together to "shine him home." Watching this video blows my mind as I try to comprehend the global community fostered by BFA. Please be in prayer for this young man's safe return!
The Bachelor: I came across this blog post about the TV show The Bachelor, written by a fellow missionary. If you enjoy this show, please don't be offended. This woman speaks truth, yo.
Ten sales: This week, after much begging, I reached ten official sales on my Etsy shop! If you're not aware, the proceeds from this shop supplement the support I raise to live and serve here in Germany. In other words, you can get yourself some bling and support a missionary at the same time!
Around, Around...: This week I rediscovered one of my childhood favorites - an excerpt from Sesame Street's Getting Ready for School video. I'm finding my experience in teaching Math 6 this year to be eerily similar to Grover's experience in the video.
Printable Recipe Cards: In all my spare time, someday I'd like to compile a nice recipe book/cookbook for myself. If I ever hope to become a domesticated woman, it will be nice to have a few tricks up my sleeve. This week I came across this free printable recipe card, which has two options - a generic one to print and write on, and an editable one that you can type on and then print. Genius.
Labels:
culture,
education,
Etsy,
Five Things Friday,
lately,
memories,
middle school,
perspective,
projects,
video
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm a new reader... I happened upon your blog from your favorite post link on "After Nine to Five". I see you teach at BFA; both of my cousins graduated from there! It's a small world! I hope you have a great day! :)
ReplyDeleteOne of them graduated in 2008, and one just graduated last year-- perhaps you know them? Trevor and Alyssa Hope?
ReplyDelete