I have finally gotten my classroom in to order, and not a moment too soon since school begins tomorrow! I thought I'd just give you a brief tour of my classroom so you can have an idea of where the magic happens.
Here's the view coming up the stairs. My posters are getting a bit ratty so it's probably time to laminate them ... another thing to add to my to-do list?
Views from the doorway (back of the classroom):
Views from the front of the classroom:
Updated bulletin board - still a work in progress. Check out Chemistry Cat!
Trying to implement voice levels this year. With as much partner and group work as we do in science, I thought this would give them a solid frame of reference for just how loud/quiet they really should be. Also, I'm bringing back Harry Wong's "countdown" as a way to get students' attention and it coincides with this scale perfectly. If this works, I won't have to shout to get their attention during labs anymore!
Oh, and check out my awesome new hall pass.
Look up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's ... a mounted beamer! My dream come true!!
One last little bit of teacher humor - I posted this in my classroom.
Tomorrow!





I love the chemistry cat!!! SO funny!
ReplyDeleteYou're such a great teacher! I love your ideas. I hated science in middle school but I'm sure I would like your class =)
ReplyDeleteRachel - you do such a great job!! You are good at what you do, my friend! :-)
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to say I LOVE your hall pass, and I totally made my own just like it!!! :D My goggles are a toy version (for a very small child) so I put them on a lanyard. :D Thanks for the awesome idea!
ReplyDelete