I wanted to give an update on our first day of school but forgive me, because it's now a whole week late! I don't know about you, but when I was a student, the first day of school was only exciting because I got to wear new clothes. Aside from that it was a pretty normal, boring day. Here at BFA, the first day is a celebration!
| seniors bearing flags from their countries |
We start all together (high school and middle school) in the high school auditorium with Opening Ceremonies. During that time there is a Parade of Nations in which the seniors carry flags from their respective countries. There is also a Roll Call of the Nations, when students cheer as their country is announced. It also involves a charge to the seniors, to the dorm staff, and to the teaching staff, and is such an incredible testimony to how awesome God is. To have brought us all together from around the world, to be together here at BFA, with so much diversity and yet we are now a family!
| before the parade of nations, there's the parade of teachers! |
| Just a few of the 52 countries represented at BFA this year! |
So, let the 2012-2013 school year begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment