Monday, May 6, 2013

Lugano Prayer Requests: Day 1

Today I am departing on a four-day trip to Lugano, Switzerland with twenty-four eighth grade students and four other staff members. The purpose of this trip is to stretch the students academically, physically, spiritually, and socially. Throughout the week they will be experiencing "school without walls" and completing activities related to their history, English, science, art, and physical education classes. I'll post a day-by-day update with pictures when we return, but while we are gone I would like to request your prayers for some specific things each day. Even though I am going "off the grid," I have scheduled posts so that there will be new prayer requests posted each day.

Day one of our adventure involves about three or four hours on the Swiss autobahn, and we will also spend some time exploring castles in the Swiss town of Bellinzona. We will arrive at our hostel late afternoon, get settled in with room and chore assignments, have dinner, then spend some time playing games and having a time of worship and devotions.

Ways to Pray

  • Safety for our four-van caravan as we drive, and that nobody's van gets lost!
  • Pleasant weather since our main activity for the day, exploring the castles, takes place outside
  • Positive, helpful attitudes from the students as we load and unload vans, assign rooms and chores, etc.
  • Wisdom and grace for us leaders
  • Meaningful connections/conversations among and with the students
  • That a great time is had by all!
Thanks so much for your prayers! Check back tomorrow for new ways to pray!


Last year's 8th graders in Bellinzona (May 2012)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment