This week I am in Lugano, Switzerland with twenty-two eighth grade students and four other staff members. The purpose of this trip is to stretch the students academically, physically, spiritually, and socially. Throughout the week they will be experiencing "school without walls" and completing activities related to their history, English, science, art, and physical education classes. I'll post a day-by-day update with pictures when we return, but while we are gone I would like to request your prayers for some specific things each day. Even though I am going "off the grid," I have scheduled posts so that there will be new prayer requests posted each day.
* * * * *
This is the day students always dread - the homecoming. All good things must eventually come to an end. After cleaning up the hostel and packing the vans, we will venture into downtown Lugano for students to enjoy the boardwalk, visit souvenir shops, eat lunch, and take pictures. From there, we will head back to BFA and hopefully arrive in time for students to enjoy dinner with their parents, who will be anxiously awaiting their arrival.
Ways to Pray:
- Positive, flexible, helpful attitudes from all students as we clean, pack, and check out of the hostel
- Pleasant weather for our time in downtown Lugano
- Safety for the students as they are given a bit of freedom while downtown and aren't in our line of sight the entire time!
- Safety for our caravan as we drive home via the autobahn
- For no vehicle complications or delays
- Meaningful connections/conversations with and among the students
- That everyone goes home happy, healthy, and maybe even a little bit stretched :)
Thanks so much for your prayers this week! Check back next week for pictures and stories from our week!!
| Last year's class in front of Mt. San Salvatore (May 2012) |

No comments:
Post a Comment