Sunday, May 5, 2013

my five year blogiversary

Today my blog is five years old! I started this blog after college as a way to chronicle my new life as a missionary in Vienna, Austria. Obviously, plans have changed since then but it is still crazy for me to think that I have been on this journey now for five whole years. There have been ups and downs, posts full of laughter and joy as well as posts written from raw, broken places. Through it all, God has been faithful and walked alongside me. Join me in celebrating God's faithfulness as I reflect on some of the highlights of the last five years!

Has it really been five years???


2008:
The Day I Found Out I Wasn't Going to Vienna

The Day I Found Out I Was Taking the Scenic Route

2009:
The Day I Got "Engaged", aka The Day I Played an Evil Prank on Innocent Children

The Day I Said Goodbye

The Day I Finally Took a Shower

The Day I Flew to Germany

The Day I Spent Christmas in Paris

2010:
The Day I Ran My First 5K

The Day I Said Goodbye to Great Grandma

The Day I Skinned an Animal

The Day I Freestyled in Front of the Entire Student Body

2011
The Day I Admitted to Being a Hoarder

The Day I Fought off a Bird in my Own Home

The Day I Became a Mama

2012:
The Day I Became a Newsie

The Day I Went to Heaven

The Day I Embarassed Tucker

The Day I Became a Duck

2013:
The Day I Was Kidnapped

The Day I Remembered Great Grandma


But seriously, that is a lot of highlights. It was really hard to pick just those posts! But they only tell part of my story - if you haven't been following along I think you would really enjoy reading through some of my archives when you have the time!

Thank you so much, faithful friends, supporters, and readers. Your encouraging comments over the last five years have made me happy and assured me that there really are people who care about what I have to say.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment