This week I am in Lugano, Switzerland with twenty-four eighth grade students and four other staff members. The purpose of this trip is to stretch the students academically, physically, spiritually, and socially. Throughout the week they will be experiencing "school without walls" and completing activities related to their history, English, science, art, and physical education classes. I'll post a day-by-day update with pictures when we return, but while we are gone I would like to request your prayers for some specific things each day. Even though I am going "off the grid," I have scheduled posts so that there will be new prayer requests posted each day.
* * * * *
Today our main event is a four-hour hike down Mount San Salvatore. Students will ride a cable car up the mountain and then spend the morning and early afternoon hiking down. We will break for lunch along the way and eventually end at a small coastal town where we will catch a ferry back to our starting point. By the time we return to the hostel it will be dinnertime and then we will have our traditional games, worship and devotions lineup afterwards.
Ways to Pray
- Safety in the vans as we drive to and from the trail
- Protection from injury as we hike the rugged terrain
- Meaningful connections/conversations with and among the students
- Pleasant weather - warm and sunny would be nice!!
- That everyone has fun!!
Thanks so much for your prayers! Check back tomorrow for new requests!
| Last year's hike leaders (May 2012) |

No comments:
Post a Comment