Hello Monday. We meet again.
Hola otoño. That's Spanish for Hello Fall. I love that it's November and I can still walk to school in the mornings wearing a light jacket. I'm sure winter will be another story but for now I am enjoying the milder climate!
Hello healthy habits. It's been a month since the half marathon in Portugal and I haven't run once. I also haven't given a thought to a single thing that I've eaten. Pizza, chips, chocolate, Haribo gummies, cereal, mantecados ... I disgust myself, really. I think every once in a while I need to fall off the wagon so that I remember how good I feel when I'm on it. But, it can't last forever. This week I'm getting back on the wagon starting with a junk food detox, then next week I'm adding in regular workouts using one of my favorite programs, Les Mills BodyCombat. Most likely I'll take a break from any serious running until January, when I will begin training for RnR Madrid.
Hello suitcase. It's time to pull you out again because I'm going to Germany in five days! I am so excited that my visa appointment was able to coincide with the weekend of the musical at BFA. Like a child who has gone off to college, I am anxious to go "home" for the weekend. It will be so wonderful to see my former students perform in High School Musical, meet with my old small group girls who are now seniors, see my dear friends, and eat loads of German chocolate - totally justified by the detox I will have just completed! I imagine that you, dear suitcase, will be full of chocolate for my flight back to Madrid.
What are you saying hello to today?

No comments:
Post a Comment