Thursday, November 20, 2014

thankful thursday


This week I'm thankful for:

Good days with my 8th grade pre-algebra class. I've written about them a lot lately because they have been my most challenging class to teach. The majority of first quarter I felt like a total failure, but lately things have been looking up. Their attitudes have been improving and they have even said things like, "This is fun!" and "Whoa, this is so easy!" in the last week. Tomorrow is their first quiz of the new chapter, and I am very hopeful that it will go well for everyone...

EasyJet. Without it, I would not be able to travel to Germany so cheaply to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with my "family." 

Rest days. As I mentioned in this week's Hello Monday post, I started doing Les Mills BodyCombat again. I'm currently following their recommended schedule for two rest days a week. So after three consecutive days of intense workouts, my shoulders are sore enough to make holding my hairdryer uncomfortable, and every time I sit down I feel the burn in my quads. There's something wrong with the fact that I am more sore after three workouts than I ever was after running a half marathon! I've even been taking the elevator because I just can't bear climbing the stairs up to the third floor! I know it's a good thing and my body will thank me for it later, but for now I am thankful that today, Thursday, is a rest day.

Chocolate croissants. I have a love/hate relationship with these bad boys and they have become part of my daily routine. The best ones are obviously in Germany, but I have found a suitable alternative (albeit not fresh) at the local Día (our grocery store). During second period each day I have gotten into the habit of pouring a cup of coffee and enjoying a chocolate croissant while I grade or read. My mouth loves them. My waistline hates them. So good and yet so, so bad.

What are you thankful for this week?



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment