Thursday, May 5, 2011

pi pie

On Monday morning I found a little surprise on my desk.



Yep, homemade pie. And a note!

Dear Miss Bertschi,
Here's a pie just for you! Thank you for working to hard at teaching us about pi!!! You are an awesome math teacher so instead of 3.14 and 22/7 we got you yummy pie and not pi! It has been fun learning about pi as speacialy [sic] when u read books! Thank you for being our math teacher!!!
Love, Cailynn, Erin, and Naomi

[explanation: We've been studying Geometry in Math 6, most recently the anatomy of a circle. Our dear friend the brave Sir Cumference has been making frequent appearances. I vaguely remember saying something to my students on Friday afternoon along the lines of "your homework this weekend is to go eat some pie" ... either way, I was thrilled by the surPrIsE.]

No comments:

Post a Comment