Tuesday, July 19, 2011

and now, we wait

In the past week and a half I have spoken at three separate churches, sent dozens of emails, and made lots of phone calls. Despite all of my best efforts, I am still quite a ways away from my monthly support raising goals for this upcoming school year, and I am scheduled to leave for Germany in 9 days. As I sit here by my computer anxiously waiting for the responses to come flooding in, I realize that there is not much more I can do now. I have shared my story with anyone who will listen, I have poured my heart and soul out in front of my home church, and I have prayed earnestly for God to move his people to action. I have done my part, now it's time to let go and let God do His part.

Please join me in prayer this week, in the following areas.
  • I am still seeking roughly $1,000 in monthly support and still waiting back to hear from several new interested partners. Pray that they would respond generously and give faithfully each month.
  • I still need another $1,000 to buy the car that will allow me to drive to the new middle school facility this year. Pray for generous one-time givers.
  • I have much to accomplish at home in the next 9 days. Pray for diligence, patience, and rest as I try to wrap up things at home while looking ahead and preparing for my return to Germany.
  • I am an anxious and worrisome person. Pray that I would have peace in my heart and confidence in God's sovereignty as I seek to finish raising the last bit of support.
If you're someone who has been thinking about how much you would like to give each month, I would like to encourage you to let TeachBeyond (and me) know of your intentions as soon as possible. We are now in the "crunch time" window and it is crucial that we have the most up-to-date information regarding my support levels. If you're unsure of how to contact TeachBeyond, click this button to be taken directly to the TeachBeyond Donations information page. There you can download a paper form to mail in with your check, make a one-time gift online, or set-up a monthly automatic withdrawal.


If you want to get involved, click the big Donate button to learn about your giving options. Or, click the Jewelry tab at the top of my blog and consider making a purchase from my brand new Etsy shop, a small way that I hope to make a little extra cash to go towards the car fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment