Today I found out that Elaine Hoffmann went home to be with the Lord. Her death wss very sudden so none of us were prepared for the news. I found out through Facebook, of all places. I guess that happens when you live in Germany. Anyway, I want to ask you to pray for Mrs. Hoffmann's friends and family as they mourn the loss of a beautiful woman of God. Pray especially for the students at Peace Lutheran School as many of the young ones may not yet understand the significance of death. My heart aches right now for my former students. How I wish I could be there with them right now just to hold their little hands and hug them tight. I pray that tonight they find comfort not only in their parents' arms, but in the arms of our Father as well.
Pajama Day: Mrs. Hoffmann is on the far right
I met Elaine on my first day of student teaching, and she later became my supervisor and informal mentor during my first year of teaching. Her phone call to me in September 2008 was an answer to my desperate prayers for a job last year, and her unending support of me as a teacher and aspiring missionary meant the world to me.
Right now, Mrs. Hoffmann is dancing with her Father down the streets of gold. We'll meet again someday.
Hope that you have someone to comfort you as well, dear Rachel, as you are away in Germany during this time of loss!
ReplyDelete