This weekend I was able to meet up with Lindie (Jensen) Patterson while she and her husband Adam travel through Germany and Switzerland. Adam works with Compassion International and was doing some short-term work in the Marburg office. Now that he's done, Lindie has joined him for some vacation time. Before they came, Lindie picked up some goodies for me at every good WCC girl's favorite place, Wal-Mart! They brought me all my favorites: new t-shirts, Good Earth tea, and flavored coffee creamer, which is non-existant here in Germany. Thanks you, Adam and Lindie, for being so thoughful and generous.A few of my favorite things...
It was super fun to have real live visitors, meaning people who don't live in Germany. For once, I was the resident expert. I was the one who got to explain how to do things and share cultural tidbits about Germans and give directions for getting around town! Even though I'm still a very inexperienced German citizen, having guests made it feel like I've been here for years. So it was a good thing, because it made me feel that much more at home here in Germany. Last night we walked around town and I showed them Pennymarkt, Palm and Maug, the Marktplatz, and the Blumenplatz. Then this morning they came with me to BFCF for church and I gave them the BFA tour. It was so exciting to show someone my classroom and tell them all about what I do here. After church, they came over and we had spaghetti with Jill, Katrina, and Amanda, who had this weekend off. While we ate, they did a load of laundry since there wasn't a washer at the guest house.
Tomorrow they will leave Germany and head into Switzerland to enjoy some skiing. I'm sad that we had such a short time together but I'm so thankful for the opportunity to see Lindie, meet Adam, and share a little bit of my world with them. Who will be my next visitor? You??
What a blessing!! I remember Lindie from WCC - I'm sure you had plenty to reminisce about, and a great time to enjoy one another's company. Enjoy your tea. :-)
ReplyDeleteAwww, you put us in your blog!!! :) (If only you would have warned me when we took the picture...I was having such a bad hair day. Lol.) We had a great time hanging out with you and visiting Kandern. It was fun to see the area after hearing about it so often over the years. Thanks for being a great tour guide and host - I really enjoyed that little part of our trip!
ReplyDeleteMEEE!!!! I hope someday I'll get to see you in Germany. Who knows? Ukraine isn't too terribly far :-)
ReplyDelete