Thursday, August 23, 2012

thankful thursday



This week I'm thankful for:
  • Reaching 94%! Support levels jumped over the weekend and I was permitted to fly to Germany on Monday. I landed Tuesday evening and jumped right into my responsibilities here on Wednesday - teacher's conference in the morning followed by work at the middle school in the afternoon all this week!
  • Uneventful travel. Flying out of Cleveland really stinks. My flight is always delayed or canceled. This time around was no different, but thankfully this time I made my connecting flights to London and Basel.
  • Free luggage allowance. Flying on missionary airfare with British Airways means you get three free checked bags. I was warned that since my return flight originated with American Airlines, that I would only receive one free bag. Then my awesome grandma loaded me up with a ton of really useful school supplies and I made plans to check two suitcases and pay for the extra one. That would leave me with a carry-on suitcase and a backpack. So when I checked in I explained my situation and asked about the possibility of checking multiple bags. The ticket agent gladly checked both large suitcases plus my small carry-on suitcase for free! All I had to carry on the plane was my backpack and I didn't have to pay for the checked bags!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment