Friday, August 10, 2012

five things {you can do} friday


Yes, I've taken a break from blogging this week. No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. This week was supposed to be spent setting up my new apartment and working on lesson plans and classroom decorations. Instead, I have spent it in America trying to finish raising the support I need to return to Germany on August 20th. There hasn't been much to report on, since I have been stuck at 83% since Sunday. So today, I want to share with you five things you can do to support the work I do at BFA and help me get back to Germany on time.

{1} Sign up to become a monthly supporter. At the time of writing this post, I still need $350/month to be fully funded. Any amount you are willing to share so that I can serve at BFA will make a difference. Your gift does not have to be huge to be helpful. During my first year, my elementary-aged cousin gave me $1 a month. You can bet that made a difference.

{2} Make a one time or annual gift. Special gifts send to TeachBeyond on my behalf are saved up and used for many things - airfare for home assignment, reimbursement of ministry expenses, emergencies, and even going to cover any monthly support that doesn't come in. Last year about 50% of my monthly support came from one-time gifts.

{3} Buy my jewelry. All the items in my Etsy shop are handmade by me and all the sales go towards covering miscellaneous expenses related to living in Germany. In the past I've used Etsy sales to cover my Skype subscription for calling home, to put gas in my car, and to buy snacks and gifts for my small group girls.

{4} Tell a friend. My circle of contacts is only so big, and there are only so many people I can ask. Social networking sites like Facebook and Blogger have helped me reach outside my own personal circle, but you, my friend, are my best advocate. If you know me personally or have followed this blog for any length of time, then you know the heart and passion I have for my students and the work I do at BFA, and you can tell others about that. Is there someone in your own circle that would enjoy hearing my story, or consider joining my support team because you recommended it?

{5} Pray. Pray that I would continue to trust and have peace in God's provision. Pray that God would bring to my attention the right people to approach about financial support. Pray that the ones God calls to give will be obedient. Pray that God's power and faithfulness be evident throughout this whole process.

 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment