Tuesday, May 8, 2012

coffee cupdate: spirit day edition


If we were to sit down for a cup of coffee I would have a lot to tell you.

But to be completely honest, I would probably just skip to the good stuff and show you these awesome pictures from the spirit day we had today at school. The theme was Television Shows. I'd chuckle a little as I recalled finding out about it last Friday and then spending the entire weekend coming up with tons of great 90's cartoons that none of my students would have recognized. Then, I would tell you that I finally decided upon a costume, and with a dramatic pause for effect, I would show you this picture.


I would mention the fact that I did not expect any students to recognize my costume, and that I had planned to give each class a detailed description of the show, but that I was blown away when I greeted my eighth graders as I do each morning and they responded in their traditional sing-songy unison,

"Good mORNing Miss FRIZZLE!"

Oh, and I would probably show you these pictures, too.

Charlie Brown & the Great Pumpkin, (can't remember), Spongebob
Eh, what's up doc?
Fresh Prince and a Stormtrooper
A typical morning with the 8th graders ... or not!!
Amazing Race, Hawaii 5-0, NCIS, Lost, The Magic Schoolbus

No comments:

Post a Comment