Wednesday, May 30, 2012

middle school awards ceremony

This past weekend was the eighth grade dinner and middle school awards ceremony. It's sort of like a graduation for the eighth graders because we teachers write tributes for each of them and they are honored at a fancy dinner. It's both my favorite and least favorite day of the entire school year because my heart bursts with pride at the accomplishments of the eighth graders and the fact that they're going to high school, but it makes me so sad to know they will no longer be in class with me each day ... and some are leaving Germany for good! *Tear!*

This year was especially difficult for me because seven of the "graduating" eighth graders were in my very first sixth grade class at BFA. As I've said before, walking with them through middle school and seeing them learn and grow over three years has been such a joy and privilege! I will miss these guys so much when they go to high school but I am so so so very proud of them!!

I forgot to put the memory card in my camera, so these pictures are all courtesy of Chris, one of our language teachers and a fab photog. Enjoy!



[the only picture I took!!]



Principal Fung
Reading Sophie's tribute - she was my student for three years!
Emily's tribute - also a student of mine for three years!!
Viktor, a young main with an incredible testimony. He's been my student for three years!
[photo courtesy of Mr. D]
My very first sixth grade girls, minus two!
[photo courtesy of Miss Taylor]
2011-2012 Middle School Staff (minus one)

No comments:

Post a Comment