Friday, May 4, 2012

five things on Friday the fourth



I seriously CAN'T believe it's MAY. Here are five things that are on my mind right now.

{1}

I came across this video the other day and was incredibly convicted. This is the kind of teacher I want to be!! This is based on a poem by Taylor Mali, someone I had never heard of a week ago but am now a teeny bit obsessed with. He speaks with conviction and humor, and I really enjoy his work.

{2}


On Wednesday I accidentally parked right next to my town's May Pole!! I happened to look to my right and thought, "What is that random wooden pole in the middle of the Blumenplatz?" Then I looked up, though my sunroof, and saw this view. It was pretty startling, and for some reason very funny to me. And in my humble opinion, this is a pretty awesome shot. :)


{3}

Along For the Ride

This post by Laura, who writes a blog called Along for the Ride. She talks about her temptation to worry about things rather than trust in God's timing and plan, and it spoke volumes to me as this has been a recurring theme for me over the past week.


{4}
Bye Bye Beehive

I came across this blog, where Annelise is working through a 365 day fast from "hairspray, teasing, dyeing or frying." I am impressed with her willpower and creativity - she has loads of super easy hairstyle tutorials that spice up longer hair and can keep you occupied while it's still growing out. Now that my hair is as long as it is, I'm in the market for some variety and Annelise's fun hair tutorials hit the spot. I don't think I can join her in sacrificing my blow dryer, though!!


{5}


Several years ago I used to watch a TV show called Just for Laughs, which revolved around a team of actors playing pranks on people in public and recording their reactions - sort of a revamped Candid Camera. This week I came across several compilations on YouTube and seriously could not stop laughing. It was good for my soul and for my abs. This top ten montage is sure to bring at least a smile to your face today. :) My favorite is the gas station clerk who turns into a fairy when the lights go out. Also, look for Daniel Radcliffe's lookalike around 12:40!

No comments:

Post a Comment