Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lugano prayer requests - Day 3

This week I am in Lugano, Switzerland with twenty-two eighth grade students and four other staff members. The purpose of this trip is to stretch the students academically, physically, spiritually, and socially. Throughout the week they will be experiencing "school without walls" and completing activities related to their history, English, science, art, and physical education classes. I'll post a day-by-day update with pictures when we return, but while we are gone I would like to request your prayers for some specific things each day. Even though I am going "off the grid," I have scheduled posts so that there will be new prayer requests posted each day.
*****

Today we will venture to the Alprose chocolate factory, Schokoland. This is typically reserved for the last day of the trip but because Thursday is a holiday we will go today instead. There we will tour the factory, watch chocolate being wrapped up and checked for quality control, and gorge ourselves on a chocolate buffet, and all that for free! Then we will return to the hostel where students will work on a science activity right about the time when their sugar buzz wears off. After lunch they get a good chunk of free time to spend swimming, reading, playing sports, sleeping, etc. Dinner tonight is a cookout - bring on the hotdogs and s'mores!! Group games and our last night of devotions will follow.
the all-you-can-eat chocolate buffet
s'mores, Germanified
Ways to pray:
  • Safety driving to and from Schokoland
  • A fun and chocolate-filled time at Schokoland
  • That the science activity goes smoothly - it is a challenging assignment for the students!
  • Safety around the campfire as kids cook their hotdogs and marshmallows
  • Meaningful conversations throughout the day and around the campfire
  • That students will have taken something away from their nightly devotions and journal prompts

No comments:

Post a Comment